Salary packaging - superannuation
Salary packaging/sacrificing arrangements may also be available for staff members making superannuation contributions
This service is provided 'in-house' at the Payroll Office of the University.
Employees wishing to undertake salary sacrifice arrangements within UniSuper;
- for employees who are members of the UniSuper Defined Benefit Division and Accumulation Super (2) Scheme and wish for their 7% 'after tax' contributions to be changed to 8.25% 'before tax' contributions.
- for employees wishing to make additional voluntary contributions into the UniSuper Defined Benefit Division and Accumulation Super (2) Scheme. Employees must have elected to be part of the Accumulation (2) component and not the Defined Benefit Division to make additional voluntary contributions into this scheme.
- for employees wishing to make additional voluntary contributions into the UniSuper Accumulation Super (1) Scheme. All UniSuper employees can make voluntary contributions into this scheme.
- for employees who are members of the VicSuper fund and wish to make additional voluntary contributions into the VicSuper Fund.
- for employees who are members of the ESSSuper fund and wish to make additional voluntary contributions into the ESSSuper Fund.
GSO New & Revised Scheme (ESS)
Employees wishing to undertake salary sacrifice arrangements within GSO (ESS), both New and Revised Scheme, are required to follow the instructions below:
The employee contribution rates are as follows:
Revised Scheme active members - where the employee contributes;
- 9.5% - will become 11.2% salary sacrifice contributions
New Scheme active members - where the employee contributes;
- 3% - will become 3.6% salary sacrifice contributions
- 5% - will become 5.9% salary sacrifice contributions
- 7% - will become 8.3% salary sacrifice contributions
Instructions for salary sacrificing GSO member contributions
If you are interested in salary sacrificing your GSO employee contributions, please go to the GSO website and follow the instructions on salary sacrificing.
You will be requested to provide your membership number and pin number before you can proceed. If you have not previously registered as a user you can do so and then continue. If you are unable to locate or remember your details you can contact the GSO helpline on 1300 655 476. Please complete the GSO salary sacrificing form online.
If you do not wish to complete the form online please call the GSO helpline and request a form be sent to you. This must be completed before the appropriate contributions can be deducted from your pay.
In addition you will need to complete the University's Superannuation Member and Voluntary Contributions Form (docx, 53kb), and return it to the Payroll Office.