Week 3: Study skills
Develop students' awareness of the academic skills required to succeed and the support services than can assist them with those.
Staff action checklist
- Promote ASK, PASS and YourTutor to students
- Advertise availability for check in week – promote available times
- Prepare for week 4 at risk and any associated timelines
- Email from Moodle regarding 'studyskills' website and current student website
- Include reference to Study Skills website during your lectures/tutorials
- Show students where to find information and contact details for academic support services on the current students website
- Encourage students to seek assistance from academic support services
- Familiarise yourself with academic support and referral procedures
- Provide time either in tutorial or extra session revision for mid-term/prepare for assignment
- Use an LSA or Library staff to deliver referencing workshop prior to written assignments
- Remind students of the timetable for Library skills classes and how to enrol.