Peer Enhancement – Blended Workshop
The purpose of this one-hour online module and three-hour interactive workshop is to support effective use of Federation University’s Peer Enhancement of Learning and Teaching Procedure – Model 1: Peer Enhancement of Learning and Teaching.
- Wednesday 19 October 2016 11:00am - 2:30pm Gippsland 5N 166 register here
- Thursday 24 November 2016 9:30am - 1:00pm Mt Helen F311 register here
- Thursday 8 December 2016 12:30pm - 4:00pm Gippsland 1S 116 register here
Intended Learning Outcomes:
This one (1) hour self-paced, online unit is designed to support all academic teaching staff in establishing foundational knowledge of how a peer review process can be a positive experience for both parties in enhancing the quality of learning and teaching practices.
On completion of the online materials, participants will be able to:
- Examine the role peer enhancement has in developing quality student-centred learning opportunities, and building a collegial academic culture across disciplines, schools and faculties.
- Identify the key elements of the University’s Peer Enhancement of Learning and Teaching Procedure and its application to achieve effective learning and teaching practices
- Appreciate the sensitive nature of giving and receiving peer feedback on teaching practices
This three (3) hour interactive workshop is designed to support those staff who undertake a review role in supporting fellow teaching staff in developing and enhancing quality teaching practices.
On completion of the interactive workshop, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the role peer enhancement has in developing quality learning and teaching practices
- Formulate the use of a peer enhancement process to create continuous professional development opportunities for teaching staff
- Illustrate the effective use of tools available to conduct positive and professional review experiences
- Demonstrate the skills required to give and receive appropriate, respectful feedback for both parties
Online Compontent via Moodle:
This course can be accessed by any staff, at anytime by self-enrolment in Fed Staff – Short Courses (2016) with the password: pd
Workship enrolment via LimeSurvey here