Vice-Chancellor’s Awards for Teaching Excellence
One Award of $5,000
The Teaching Excellence Award celebrates outstanding teachers at Federation University Australia. This Award gives recognition to teachers (individuals and teams) renowned for the excellence of their teaching, who have outstanding presentation skills and who have made a broad and deep contribution to the quality of learning and teaching at the University. The application process is based on the instructions as detailed in the 2016 Office of Learning & Teaching (OLT) Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning relevant to OLT Teaching Excellence Awards. Please ensure to follow the CLIPP Schedule Calendar in the preparation and submission phase of this application. There is also a Federation University Australia institutional nomination form.
Each recipient will be presented a framed award at the University awards ceremony to be held at the end of the year.
Selection panel for all awards
Nominations for Citations and Teaching Awards are considered by a Selection Committee which is made up of (where possible):
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Learning and Quality) or nominee
- Director, Centre for Learning Innovation and Professional Practice (CLIPP) or nominee
- One Associate Dean Learning and Teaching
- One national winner equivalent to the OLT and/or predecessors (ie ALTC)
- One previous Vice-Chancellors Award winner
- One student representative
Award guidelines and nomination forms
Staff who intend on applying for a VC Citation and/or Teaching Award, should follow this step-by-step process:
- Read the 2016 Office of Learning & Teaching (OLT) Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning and refer to the appropriate section within the instructions; There is one section which is particularly relevant for Citations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning (Applicants need to address one selection criteria in a 4 page application); Teaching Excellence Award (Applicants need to address all the selection criteria in a 10 page application)
- Seek advice from CLIPP staff and/faculty mentor such as ADLT
- Complete the Federation University Nomination Form for Citations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning or
- Complete the Federation University Nomination Form for Teaching Excellence
Comply with the CLIPP Calendar Schedule regarding timelines for institutional submission.
- OLT Citation and Awards Guidelines
- Vice-Chancellor Awards | Citations Teaching Excellence | Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning 2016 Timeline (PDF, 282kb)
- The Vice-Chancellor's Awards for Teaching Excellence Nomination Form (Docx, 221kb)
Eligibility for nomination
- All nominations must relate to contributions to student learning, student engagement and/or the overall student experience at the University.
- Nomination is open to academic staff, teaching staff, professional staff, technical staff, sessional staff and institutional associates (full-time or fractional, continuing or contract).
- Both team and individual nominations are encouraged. Teams may be of any size. If a team is larger than five members a team name must be provided.
- Nominee/s can be included in only one nomination in any year.
- Individual citation recipients are not eligible for renomination within five years of receiving a citation.
- Previously unsuccessful nominees for citations are eligible to apply.
An applicant may only submit a nomination for either a Citation or a Teaching Award in any one year.
Enquiries to be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 5327 6151.