Vice-Chancellor’s Awards for Outstanding Contributions to Student Services
Three Awards of $1,000
This award is presented to a staff member that has provided outstanding service to individual students or student groups on a consistent basis, whether through personal advising, development of programs, or improvements to the university’s systems and policies that effect students.
Recognition is awarded to staff who have been nominated by peers or students for their significant contributions to student service, student engagement and/or the overall student experience in a specific area of responsibility over a sustained period for 12 months.
The application process is based on the instructions as detailed below. Please ensure to follow the CLIPP Schedule Calendar in the preparation and submission phase of this application. There is also a Federation University Institutional Nomination Form.
Each recipient will be presented a framed award at the University awards ceremony to be held at the end of the year.
Selection Panel for all the awards
Nominations for Citations and Teaching Awards are considered by a Selection Committee which is made up of (where possible):
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Learning and Quality) or nominee
- Director, Centre for Learning Innovation and Professional Practice (CLIPP) or nominee
- One Associate Dean Student Retention
- One committee member of Student Retention Committee
- One previous Vice-Chancellors Award winner
- One student representative
Award guidelines and nomination forms
To provide an opportunity for distinctive institutional missions, values and priorities in student retention and successes to be recognised.
Staff who intend on applying for a Student Service Award, should follow this step-by-step process:
- Read the award guidelines. Applicants need to address one selection criteria in a 4 page application;
- Seek advice from CLIPP staff and/faculty ADSRs such as Associate Dean of Student Retention (ADSR);
- Complete the Federation University Nomination Form for Citations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Service;
- Comply with the CLIPP Calendar Schedule regarding timelines for institutional submission.
Eligibility for Nomination
- All nominations must relate to contributions to student service, student engagement and/or the overall student experience at the University (Higher Education and/or VET);
- Nominations are open to professional staff and technical staff, sessional employees and institutional associates (full-time or fractional, continuing or contract);
- Both team and individual nominations are encouraged. Teams may be of any size. If a team is larger than five members a team name must be provided;
- Nominee/s can be included in only one nomination in any year;
- Individual award recipients are not eligible for re-nomination within five years of receiving an award;
- Previously unsuccessful nominees for awards are eligible to apply.
An applicant may only submit a nomination for either a Citation, a Teaching Award or a Service Award in any one year.
- Nominees for this award should have demonstrated one of or a combination of the following:
- Commitment to identifying students’ needs or expectations and reacting appropriately to ensure student satisfaction.
- Consideration of the impact on the students when taking action, setting policies or carrying out tasks.
- Willingness to refer students to an appropriate department or employee to solve specific challenges and to perform appropriate follow-up as needed with students to ensure that their issue/concern has been resolved.
- Ability to involve students in decision-making or problem solving processes as early as possible.
- Dedication to continuously improve student satisfaction and remove barriers to outstanding student service.
- The Vice-Chancellor’s Awards for Contributions to Student Services Nomination Form (docx, 222kb)
- 2016 Vice-Chancellor’s Awards for Contributions to Student Services Timeline and Instructions (PDF, 403kb)
Enquiries to be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 5327 6151