Office for Learning and Teaching Awards
The OLT Awards for University Teaching are offered in three categories:
- Citations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning;
- Awards for Programs that Enhance Learning;
- Awards for Teaching Excellence;
- Awards for Australian University Teacher of the Year
Nominees for OLT Citations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning and the OLT Teaching Excellence Awards are selected by a panel of senior teaching and learning staff from a pool that includes nominations from Associate Deans (Learning and Teaching), Directors of Divisions and other senior staff across the university. The nominee pool normally comprises of academic, teaching and professional staff who have demonstrated sustained excellence over a period of time. Nominee's who have also generally received other forms of institutional recognition for their teaching and/or contribution to student learning. OLT applications are only open to staff employed in a higher education context.
Institutional nominees receive significant support and assistance from CLIPP to develop their applications. Each nominee has a dedicated mentor to provide guidance about the structure of the application and the types and form of evidence that can be used to support claims. A supportive, peer review process is also available to nominees by Ballarat and/or Gippsland staff, with former national award or citation winners or those deemed to have extensive experience with these types of awards.
CLIPP adopts a proactive approach to th identification of future national award and citation candidates and conducts preliminary discussions to ensure that appropriate evidence and evaluation processes are in place to ensure that future applications are of the highest standard.
For further details regarding OLT Instructions regarding the 3 previously mentioned awards, please refer to the following step-by-step process:
- Read the 2016 Office of Learning & Teaching (OLT) Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning and refer to the appropriate section within the instructions; There is one section which is particularly relevant for Citations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning (Applicants need to address one selection criteria in a 4 page application); Teaching Excellence Award (Applicants need to address all the selection criteria in a 10 page application) and Awards for Programs that Enhance Learning
- Seek advice from CLIPP staff and/faculty mentor such as ADLT
- Complete the Federation University Nomination Form for Citations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning or
- Complete the Federation University Nomination Form for Teaching Excellence
- Comply with the CLIPP Calendar Schedule regarding timelines for institutional submission prior to submission to the OLT.
Managing Grants from the Department of Education and Training. For further information and support resources, please refer to the following website: https://www.education.gov.au/resources-grant-and-fellowship-holders
Higher Education Resources: For previous Office of Learning and Teaching Resources, please refer to the following website: http://www.olt.gov.au/resource-library