Fed Staff – Teaching Ready is a fully online course delivered through CLIPP which aims to provide academic and library staff with a foundation of learning and teaching concepts and practices in the tertiary education setting.
- Target group: Any academic or library staff member at Federation University Australia. This course is highly recommended for all new academic and library staff within their first year of appointment
- Delivery mode: Online, facilitated. Six modules. Each module is offered three times a year. Modules commence 1st Monday of the month.
- Time allocation: One month per module. Approximately 20 hours per module.
- Cost: Nil.
- Offered: Two intakes – March and June
Participants can tailor the course to suit their work needs by taking a break from study and picking up the next module in the next intake. Comprising of six modules that explore the following elements of education in the tertiary sector:
- Module 1: Tertiary Teaching and learning paradigms
- Module 2: Course Design: Learner-centred
- Module 3: Dynamics of learning
- Module 4: Assessment for, of and as learning
- Module 5: Effective teaching practices
- Module 6: Enhancing practice through review
Note: Successful completion of all six modules, may enable participants to apply for credit for EDGCT5007 within the Graduate Certificate of Education (Tertiary Teaching).
- Maximum of 20 participants per intake.
- Enrol via this survey link
- For any questions please contact Sharon Holden on or phone: (03) 5327 9383
- Download the Fed Staff: Teaching Ready flyer (PDF, 155kb)
- Contact Traci Robins via email or phone (03) 5327 6404