Professional Development Online Short Courses
These professional development modules aim to provide staff with the knowledge and skills around Moodle and various administrative and teaching software programs and services.
- Target group: All current academic staff, and building upon the Academic Induction Program
- Delivery mode: Online. Self-paced modules and units
- Time allocation: Approximately 5-15 minutes per unit, completed at any time
- Offered: Incrementally release and advertised throughout Semester 2, 2016
Online Short Courses
- Moodle Ready: Functions of Moodle and how they can be utilised in enhancing learning and teaching practices and environments
- Resource Ready: Various administrative and teaching software programs and services utilised
by teachers and course co-ordinators to enhance teaching practices
- Assessment Ready: Understanding and working with principles of assessment of, for and as learning for creating effective marking criteria and providing valuable feedback to students
- Online Ready: Introduction to effective online learning and teaching pedagogical practices – Note: proposed availability August/September 2016
- Enhancing Learning and Teaching Practices: Working through and with constructive feedback from peers, students and self to develop pedagogical practice.
- Turnitin Ready: Introduction to administration and functionality of Turnitin and understanding the pedagogical relevance of this feature - Note: proposed availability August/September 2016
- Embedding student supports: Introduction and exploration of student supports available at FedUni and working with Learning Skills Advisors to enhance your students’ experiences - Note: proposed availability August/September 2016
Contact Sharon Holden via email or phone (03) 5327 9383.