BOLD Fundamentals: Teaching Online is a fully online course delivered through CLIPP which aims to provide tertiary teachers with the knowledge and skills they need to design and teach effective and engaging blended or online courses. The content is licensed from Epigeum and was collaboratively developed through an international consortium of universities together with a world-class team of authors.
- Target group: Any academic and library staff at Federation University or FedUni Partner Providers who may be developing, teaching or coordinating online courses. This includes staff on sessional contracts.
- Delivery mode: Online, facilitated. Six modules. Each module is offered four times throughout the year
- Time allocation: One month per module. Approximately 20 hours per module. Modules commence the 15th of each month
- Cost: Nil.
- Offered: Four (4) intakes per year - February, April, June and September (commence in 2016 and complete in 2017). Participants can tailor the course by opting in and out of the courses throughout the year to suit their needs
Comprising of six modules this course provides a basic understanding of online pedagogy, online course design, online teaching, and the common technologies used to implement online learning. It will also consider blended learning – the combination of online and face-to-face learning.
The program is designed to cater for all levels of academic staff, from newly qualified to established teachers: if you have never taught online, the program will prepare you for designing and/or teaching a course; if you already teach online, it will enhance your skills.
- Module 1: Introduction to teaching online
- Module 2: Mastering online pedagogy
- Module 3: Designing and developing your online course
- Module 4: Being a successful online teacher
- Module 5: Using technology tools for teaching online
- Module 6: Studying online: A guide for students
- Maximum of 20 participants per intake.
- Enrol via this survey link
- For any questions please contact Sharon Holden on or phone: (03) 5327 9383