Academic induction program
To provide introductory learning, teaching and administrative support to new academic staff at Federation University Australia.
Overview and dates
- Target group: Highly desirable for all new academic and library staff. To be completed within the first semester of employment.
- Delivery mode: Blended (2 day workshop + online component)
- Time allocation: Overall 12 – 16 hours
- Breakdown: 10 hours face-to-face, with additional 2-6 hours online (depending upon role).
- Online module: Completed within 2 weeks of workshop.
- Dates Offered:
- Mt Helen: Workshop #3 – 25 & 26 July 2017
- Mt Helen: Workshop #4 – 31 August & 1 September 2017
- Gippsland: Workshop #3 – 25 & 26 July 2017
- Gippsland: Workshop #4 – 31 August & 1 September 2017
- Berwick: Workshop #2 – 18 & 19 July 2017 (Cancelled due to no enrolments)
Mt Helen Campus
- Cost: Nil. Faculties will be reimbursed sessional wages for sessional staff at the 'Other Required Academic Activity' rate, on completion of the program (limits apply).
- Introduction to learning and teaching in higher education
- Student focused learning
- Assessment and meeting learning outcomes
- Effective teaching practices (Part A)
- Introduction to Moodle (Learning Management System)
- Introduction to ePortfolio's
- Resources to support staff
- Effective teaching practices (Part B)
- Resources to support students
Online Learning Modules (2 – 4 hours depending upon role)
Collection of online modules and units to be completed within two weeks of the face-to-face induction workshop
- Maximum of 20 participants per intake.
- Enrol via LimeSurvey:
- For any questions please contact Sharon Holden on or phone: (03) 5327 9383
- Download the Academic Induction Program Infographic (PDF, 972kb)
- Contact Traci Robins via email or phone (03) 5327 6404