External PD offerings
Opportunities often arise to partake in professional development opportunities offered by other Universities and professional development providers. Please find below some online courses FedUni staff have been invited to participate in.
University Teaching (MOOC on Coursera)
Commencing: 29 May 2017
University Teaching is an introductory course on teaching and learning in tertiary education, designed by staff at the Centre for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning at the University of Hong Kong.
This online course collects input from instructors, guest speakers, teaching award winners, students, and experts in the fields and provides you with research evidence in relation to effective university teaching and practical instructional design strategies.
After completing the learning tasks in this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the teaching and learning context in higher education and reflect on the potential challenges and opportunities you might encounter.
- Explain key teaching and learning concepts and relevant evidence in relation to effective university teaching.
- Analyse the relationships between various aspects of teaching and student learning.
- Identify a range of instructional strategies to support effective student learning.
- Apply key concepts to the structuring of course outlines and lesson plans in order to create learning experiences to support successful student learning.