Enhancing L&T: Introduction to peer enhancement
The purpose of this one-hour online module and three-hour interactive workshop is to support effective use of Federation University Australia’s Peer Enhancement of Learning and Teaching Procedure – Model 1: Peer Enhancement of Learning and Teaching, and other models of peer review and peer enhancement.
This three (3) hour interactive workshop is designed to support those staff who undertake a review role in supporting fellow teaching staff in developing and enhancing quality teaching practices.
On completion of the interactive workshop, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the role peer enhancement has in developing quality learning and teaching practices
- Formulate the use of a peer enhancement process to create continuous professional development opportunities for teaching staff
- Illustrate the effective use of tools available to conduct positive and professional review experiences
- Demonstrate the skills required to give and receive appropriate, respectful feedback for both parties
Mt Helen: Friday 27 October 2017, 9:30am – 1:00pm B014
Gippsland: Tuesday 31 October 2017, 9:30am – 1:00pm 2S217
Self-paced online resource
This one (1) hour self-paced, online unit is designed to support all academic teaching staff in establishing foundational knowledge of how a peer review process can be a positive experience for both parties in enhancing the quality of learning and teaching practices.
On completion of the online materials>, participants will be able to:
- Examine the role peer enhancement has in developing quality student-centred learning opportunities, and building a collegial academic culture across disciplines, schools and faculties.
- Identify the key elements of the University’s Peer Enhancement of Learning and Teaching Procedure and its application to achieve effective learning and teaching practices
- Appreciate the sensitive nature of giving and receiving peer feedback on teaching practices
This course can be accessed by any staff, at any time by self-enrolment in Fed Staff – Learning and Teaching Fundamentals – PD with the password: pd
- Faculty – Contact your Faculty Associate Dean of Learning & Teaching.
- Online resources and workshop – Contact Tulsa Andrews, Manager – Academic Futures, CLIPP on firstname.lastname@example.org or ph: (03) 5327 9654.