If you wish to obtain permission to use copyright material (for example to use more than the limited amounts allowed under s.113P or to use non-broadcast audio-visual material) you should send a written request to the copyright owner - usually the publisher - asking for their permission to use the material. Your request should also contain clear details of:
- The copyright material you wish to use
- All current and future uses you would like to make of the material
- Details of your intended use, including whether or not it will be for non-commercial, educational use
- The number of copies and/or the format you intend to make the material available in
- The intended audience for the material
You should ask the person you are writing to to confirm that they are the copyright owner or exclusive licensee of the material in question. In some cases copyright owners might request payment for any permission they provide.