Part VB

Part VB of the Copyright Act 1968 is a statutory licence, which allows educational institutions to copy and communicate print and graphic material for educational purposes without obtaining permission from the copyright owner.

To exercise this right educational institutions must have an agreement with the collecting society Copyright Agency Ltd (CAL), and make a yearly payment based on the number of students enrolled at the institution.

Staff at the University are able to use Part VB to copy print and graphic material for educational purposes, however they are required to comply with certain terms and conditions to do so - see texts and images.

In addition the university is required to undertake regular surveys during which time staff are required to report all photocopying and certain electronic copying undertaken under Part VB.