Australian Copyright Council
The Australian Copyright Council (ACC) is an independent non-profit organisation. Its objectives are to:
- Assist creators and other copyright owners to exercise their rights effectively
- Raise awareness in the community generally about the importance of copyright
- Research and identify areas of copyright law that are inadequate or unfair
- Seek changes to law and practice to enhance the effectiveness and fairness of copyright
- Foster cooperation amongst bodies representing creators and owners of copyright
The ACC provides useful information on copyright law including training and publications.
Information sheets on a number of different aspects of copyright law, including 'Fair Dealing', 'Quotes and Extracts' and 'Internet Copying and Downloading' are available for download from the ACC Information Sheets web page.