Summer School Forum 2014
Federation University Australia was proud to support the Summer School Forum which was held at Ballarat Lodge on Thursday 6 and Friday 7 February, 2014.
This event is part of the Regional Partnership Facilitation Fund (RPFF) project in which over 160 participants from the University's six partner institutes are currently studying the Graduate Certificate in Education (Tertiary Teaching) (GCETT).
The theme of the forum was 'Learning Innovations'. It was organised to give the participants an opportunity to complete the second course in their two year program. The opening address was provided by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Learning & Quality), Professor Marcia Devlin, and there were a number of interesting keynote speakers, as well as interactive workshops and presentations which showcased the participants' projects.
In addition, a Pre-forum workshop was held on Wednesday 5 February and the topic was "Flow theory and optimal learning experiences". The guest speaker at the Forum dinner was Mr Steve Moneghetti and the evening began with a welcome from the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Engagement), Professor Todd Walker.
Keynote speaker – Allan Carrington
2014 Summer School Forum Keynote video (Time: 1:11:22)
'Snapshots' of teaching and learning
- Engaging learners – here, there and everywhere; the role of video conferencing (PDF, 2mb) - Malcolm Jolly | GippsTAFE
- The GCETT journey – from Corporate Program Manager to VET and HE Teacher of business "staff" PDF,640kb) - Andrew Lovett | Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE
- QR Codes (PDF, 1mb) – Christine Nicholas | Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE
- GOTAFE Teacher Support program (PDF, 149kb) – Suellen Loki | Goulburn
- Mahara + Industry Placement = Great learning/teaching experience (PDF, 73kb) – Scott Douglas | GippsTAFE
- Music in the classroom – Luise Mock | Sunraysia Institute of TAFE
- Creating videos from Powerpoint for Moodle and Mahara – Christine Nicholas | Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE
- Milkshakes: Blended training for a national industry (PDF, 909kb) – Ian Carkeek, Jasbir Singh, Sylvia Vagg | Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE
- Referencing with Lego – Rosemary Kelleher | Bendigo TAFE
- Mahara collections and sharing (PDF, 1.2mb) – Tania McDonald | Sunraysia Institute of TAFE
- Great balls of social media (PDF, 129kb) – Matt Powell | Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE
- Serious play for better learning outcomes – Lisa Sarris | Wodonga Institute of TAFE
Wednesday 5 February 2014
Presented by Ryan Waight Performance on Thursday 7 February 2014