Page quick links
- Practical file sizes
- How do I put my video on YouTube?
- How do I upload video content to Tube?
- Can I email my video?
- Compress video with Movie Maker
- How to compress video with Adobe Media Encoder
Practical file sizes
How do I put my video on YouTube?
- Login to YouTube with your Google account
- Select Upload from the top right corner of the screen.
- Drag and drop your video file
- Fill in the video title, description and search tags in the corresponding forms.
- You can also set your videos privacy settings.
- Choose Unlisted if you wish to easily share the video without it being accessible/searchable without the link.
Even before the video has finished uploading, YouTube will provide you with the final URL to share.
How do I upload video content to Tube?
- Log in to Tube with your staff username and password. The login link is at the top left of the Tube home page.
- When logged in, click on the 'Upload New Video' button or 'Upload' link in the top main menu.
- Complete the details for your video, providing a relevant description and appropriate channel, then click the 'Next' button. If you can't see an appropriate channel to choose from, log a request via the Service Desk Portal for a new one to be created for you.
Can I email my video?
Compress video with Movie Maker
To compress your video with Windows Live Movie Maker use the Save Movie Wizard, and select the Best fit to file size and set the size to 20MB or under. This will compress your file down to a very low quality an enable it to be emailed. You should expect the quality to be pretty terrible for any longer videos (1min upwards), however if it's a short video the quality might be acceptable.
How to compress video with Adobe Media Encoder
- Run Adobe Media Encoder
- Hit the + button to select and load your video file from the dialog box
- In the right hand window Preset frame, expand the menus down to Web Video and then YouTube by selecting the triangles to the left.
- Select HD 720p 25 to apply the Preset
- Hit the Play button to start encoding your content
If you need any assistance in this process please contact;