Record from webcam
The WEBCAM option in CaptureSpace is good for producing short 'talking head' style videos, such as a short introduction to your course.
1. Navigate to your My Media page via the Moodle Dashboard. Click the Add New button, then click CaptureSpace.
Note: If you have not installed Capturespace on your computer, please follow these steps.You may be asked by your browser if you would like to launch the CaptureSpace application.
2. CaptureSpace will launch a small window in the bottom right of your screen. You will see 5 tiles with different recording options.
3. Clicking WEBCAM will begin a webcam recording. You have 5 seconds after the recording window opens before the recording starts.
4. Once you have completed your recording click the Done button.
5. A new window will open, allowing you to play back the recording and make some basic changes such as trimming the video and adding titles. If you are happy wth the video click the Done button.
6. You will now be presented with the Upload options. Here you can provide the new recording with a name and, if you wish, a description. You can also add tags to make searching the video easier in the future.
Tip: Use your course code to tag the video and assist with locating your course media in the future.
7. With the video named, you have two options for saving. Upload allows you to add the file straight to Kaltura and your My Media list (recommended). Save keeps the video on your local machine in CaptureSpace's library.
Note: Portable computers, such as laptops and the Surface have limited storage which can quickly be exhausted with video files. It is therefore recommended that you upload you video to Kaltura as soon as possible and delete the file from your device.