Kaltura embedding a video into Mahara
In Mahara you have the ability to upload a Kaltura video into a page so it plays within the page importing it from Moodle.
Getting your Kaltura videos Embed code
To Put a Kaltura video into Mahara you must have the embed code for that video from your video which will be located in Moodle to link to it.
- Go to your Dashboard in Moodle.
- Click on My Media.
- From the Media list, choose the video you wish to share on Mahara when you have chosen your video click on the video name link.
- Inside your video click on the Share button.
- Under Share click on Embed to select all the code you must copy then press Ctrl + C on your keyboard to copy the text.
- Paste all this code somewhere where you can paste this code into Mahara later on like a text file or word document.
Embedding your Video in Mahara
- From you chosen page within Mahara ensure you are in edit mode and click on the External tab.
- From the External tab choose External Media.
- Choose the position you want the video either Left, Centre or Right and click Add to add the block.
- Give your block a Title what the video is and insert the videos embed you have saved specified above by pasting it into the URL or embed code section.
Note: If you wish your video to be shown automatically or hidden away collapsed in a block set the Retractable setting to No or Yes do not set this to Automatically Retract as this will cause your video to not load.
- When done click on Save.
- Your Video should now be visible on the screen.