Load YouTube content to My Media Library
In Moodle you are now able to load YouTube videos through Kaltura using the My Media library to manage all videos in one central location. This also allows you to insert videos in multiple different locations throughout your course easily once uploaded.
To Add a YouTube video to your My Media Library
- Go to your Dashboard.
- Go to the Navigation block and click the My Media link.
- Under the Add New button click YouTube.
- From the YouTube screen paste in the URL HTML link for your desired video.
- Once you have entered your URL click Preview.
- You will then have the videos Name and Description automatically filled with all the details, choose whether you want the video to be private or published. Private being Media page will be visible to the content owner only and Published being Media page will be visible to individuals according to entitlements on published destinations.
- Once complete click Save
Note: Videos will only be accessible if they are public videos, private and unlisted will not display.
Your media should now be saved into your My Media library and accessible to embed or insert anywhere in your course.