How to add a Kaltura video quiz to Moodle
A Kaltura video quiz is a specially designed video which has the ability to include multiple choice questions at pre-determined points within the video. Whilst results are not integrated with the Moodle gradebook, questions can be utilised to further engage students and aid in reflection.
Creating a video quiz
- Go to your Dashboard page in Moodle.
- Click on My Media under the Navigation block.
- Under the Add New menu click Video Quiz.
- Choose to add a pre-existing video from the list below by clicking Select or upload a new media by clicking on +Upload Media and uploading a file to Kaltura.
- Once you have chosen your video you need to configure the settings for your video quiz by choosing from the dropdown menu for each category of settings. See below for an explanation of each item.
- Quiz Name - Provide a name for your quiz.
- Welcome Message - Insert a welcome message to display before the commencement of the quiz.
- In-Video Tip - Display the pre-configured instructions.
- Question List - Viewers can download the questions before the quiz starts.
- Edit Answer - allows viewers to change their answers before submitting the quiz
- Skip For Now - allows viewers to skip questions and come back to them.
Decide whether you wish to show scores to students choose:
- Do Not Show Scores - to just display a thank you message instead of student scores.
- Show Scores - allows viewers to see their score after they have submitted their quiz.
- Include Answer - will include correct/Incorrect answers.
Click in the Add a Question Here box to insert your Question.
Note: Move your cursor to the left of one of your possible answers to delete it from the list of possible answers.
TIP: After creating your quiz, you may insert it anywhere in Moodle that supports Kaltura media items.