How to add a Kaltura video quiz to Moodle
A Kaltura video quiz is a specially designed video which has the ability to include multiple choice questions at pre-determined points within the video. Whilst results are not integrated with the Moodle gradebook, questions can be utilised to further engage students and aid in reflection.
Creating a video quiz
- Go to your Dashboard page in Moodle.
- Click on My Media under the Navigation block.
- Under the Add New menu click Video Quiz.
- Choose to add a pre-existing video from the list below by clicking Select or upload a new media by clicking on +Upload Media and uploading a file to Kaltura.
Adding a Quiz Question
- Select your time on the timeline using the play bar where you would like the quiz question added.
- Proceed to click on the multiple choice icon.
- Insert your question in the Add a Question Here box.
- Add additional distractors which will be incorrect using the button below.
- Use the Shuffle button in the top right hand corner if you want the questions to not be ordered.
- To provide a optional Hint or Why for users click on the light bulb icon in the top right hand corner.
- When you are happy with your question click the Save button.
- Repeat from step 1 to add additional quiz questions to your video.
- When you are happy you have added all the required quiz questions click Done.
Note: Click Delete to cancel and remove the current quiz and return to the timeline of your video.
- Quiz Name Enter the name of the Quiz to be displayed
- Show Welcome Page If checked then the message in the Welcome Message box will be displayed at the start of the quiz
- Allow Download of Questions List allows questions to be downloaded before commencement of the quiz
- Instructions if you would like to have instructions displayed on screen for the quiz as a guide.
- Upon Submission choose whether you would like to display scores for the quiz when being taken selecting either the Do Not Show Scores or Show Scores option.
- Include Answers choose whether you would like correct/incorrect answers displayed
- Allow Answers Change would you like users to be able to change their answers before submitting.
- Allow Skip allows users to skip the current question.
- Do not Allow Skip Users are forces to select a answer before proceeding.
TIP: After creating your quiz, you may insert it anywhere in Moodle that supports Kaltura media items.