Host educational videos securely
This guide will help you to add a video file to your Moodle shell using Equella as storage.
1. Login to Moodle.
2. Go to your Moodle course and turn editing on.
3. Click Add an activity or resource.
4. When the resource chooser appears, scroll down and select Equella Resource.
5. After the Equella integration screen appears, click Contribute.
6. Browse and locate the video file from your Computer or connected device
7. Select Upload a file and click next
8. Drag the video file from your Computer or connected device into the window. Wait for the green progress bar to fill. Click Next
9. Click Save to finalise the upload.
10. Click Save and then Publish to add the resource to Equella
11. Make sure the topic you want to add the resource into is highlighted yellow. You can then click the blue plus button next to the resource to add it to the topic. Click save and the upload to Moodle will begin.
12. A link will then be placed in Moodle showing the resource name, and the length of the video file. There will initially be a placeholder stating that your file is being transcoded, this will then be replaced with the actual video resource once transcoding is complete. The time taken to transcode the video will differ depending on the source file size, frame rate, video format and resolution.
Please take a look at the link: https://federation.edu.au/staff/learning-and-teaching/clipp/elearning-hub/video-recording which has useful tips on how to plan, create and complete a video.