Setting up audio
Attention: Please connect and configure all headsets and webcams prior to launching Adobe Connect.
1. To configure your audio, click a Join button to enter a room.
2. Once the Adobe Connect window has loaded, you will need to configure your audio devices.
*Tip: It's not necessary to do this every time you use Adobe Connect, but it is good practice and eliminates the chance of issues when teaching.
3. Choose your microphone from the drop down menu under the microphone icon.
4. Once activated the microphone icon will stay green.
5. Click Connect My Audio from the drop down menu under the microphone icon.
6. Click Allow on for flash to work in your virtual classroom.
*Note: Adobe Connect requires Adobe Flash to operate. Due to security settings you may be asked to allow access to your audio and video devices. You must select yes for these devices to work correctly in Adobe Connect.
7. Follow the Audio Setup Wizard located under the Meetings menu in Adobe Connect.
8. Your audio should now be working. Your next task is to ensure your remote participants audio is also working. To do this you must enable the microphone by clicking on the participants name.
*Tip: Encourage users to have a practice session, or invite students into the room 15 minutes prior to class, so that minor troubleshooting can take place.
9. To enable participants audio, you must enable the microphone by clicking on the participants name.