Unsubscribe from a forum
To unsubscribe from a single forum
There are some forums from which you will not be able to unsubscribe. For example you cannot unsubscribe from any Announcements forums. Your teacher may have also have set some forums up as unsubscribable.
- Click the forum link to open the forum you wish to unsubscribe from.
- Look for the Administration block on the left hand side of the screen.
- Click the Unsubscribe from this forum link to unsusbscribe. You will no longer receive emails of posts to this forum. You can also change unread message tracking here too.
To unsubscribe from Multiple forums
It is now possible to manage your subscription to all forums within a course on one page.
- In the main menu click on This Course and then Forums.
- From this page you are able to see all forums within the course. You have the option to unsubscribe from individual forums by clicking the buttons in the Subscribed column or you can unsubscribe from all forums by clicking on the Unsubscribe from all forums link in the top right of the page. Keep in mind that this won't unsubscribe you from forums that have forced subscription.
To unsubscribe from a discussion in a forum
You also have the option to unsubscribe from a discussion within a forum whilst still getting notifications from the forum as a whole.
- Click on the forum link to open the forum
- You will then see the list of discussions, to the right of the discussion post time stamp you will see either a dot or an envelope. The envelope indicates that you are subscribed to this discussion. Clicking the envelope will turn it into a dot and you will no longer receive notifications for that discussion.