Reduce emails from Moodle
There are two ways you can reduce the number of emails you are sent from forums in Moodle:
- Changing your profile to receive digests
- Unsubscribing from Forums
Change your profile to receive digests
You can change your user profile so instead of getting an email every time someone posts to a forum, you will receive one email per day, per forum with a digest of what has been posted. By switching to this setting you can still be alerted when there is activity in a forum but your inbox won't get clogged with constant emails.
- Hover over your user name in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Select Preferences, then click on User.
- Click the menu item, Forum preferences, located under the User account heading.
- Locate the the Email digest type drop-down list and choose either Complete or Subjects as the digest. By setting Complete you will receive full posts in the email, and by setting Subjects you will only see the subject line of posts. Digests are processed at the end of each day.
- Click the Save Changes button.