Whilst the Navigation block will always contain available courses that you are associated with, the Dashboard, (located at the top of the My Classes menu), can be customised to help you find what you need quicker. Usually you will only require access to current courses. Customising your Dashboard allows you to reorder and safely hide completed courses from your main view. You can also choose which blocks are available on this page
Example of Dashboard.
- Click Customise this page button in the top right hand corner to make changes to the default view.
- Ensure that the Number of courses to display is set to Always show all.
- Move courses, by clicking and holding the move icon (cross) , located in the top left of each course box, and dragging the courses into the order you want. Place the most frequently used towards the top of your list.
- After placing the courses in the order required, change the Number of course to display to match the number you wish see. Moodle will now only display the top number of items you have selected.
- Once you are happy with your customisations, click the Stop customising this page button, top right.
Note: The number of hidden courses will appear at the bottom of the list. To reveal these courses, simply repeat the above steps, or click Show all courses. All available courses are always shown within the Navigation block and in My Classes.
- Ensure you have clicked Customise this page to enable editing of the default view
- Locate the ADD A BLOCK dialog box on the lower right of the screen. You may need to scroll down the page.
- Click the drop down menu and select the required block.
- Drag the newly created block to its new location by clicking and holding its drag handle, and dragging it to where you require.
- Once you are happy with your customisations, click the Stop customising this page button.
Note : Should you wish to return your Dashboard to its default settings, click the Reset page to default button.