Make course available
By default courses are set to hidden to ensure that no course is made live until the course owner is ready for their students to access it. As such, students, who are automatically enrolled in the course (higher ed. only), will not see the course in their My Classes list, nor be able to search for or access the course. As the teacher of this course, you will see the course in your course list but it will appear greyed-out, indicating that it is not yet available to students. Once you have your course set up, you need to follow this procedure to make it available to your students.
To make your course available to students...
- In the Settings panel, click Edit settings.
- In the General section, locate the Visible setting (close to the top of the screen).
- In the drop-down list select Show.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click Save Changes.
- Your course is now available and will appear in your students' course list. The course will no longer appear as greyed-out in your My Classes drop down.