If you are enrolled as a teacher or lecturer in a course you have the ability to enroll other members, including staff. This means that you do not have to log a job to have other teachers, teaching assistants, partner staff or students enrolled.
Note: You shouldn't have to enroll higher education students as these students will be automatically enrolled/unenrolled once their enrollment has been processed through My Student Centre
To enrol new members
- From the Administration block on the left hand side of the course page, click Users then Enrolled Users.
- From the screen showing all of the enrolled users, click the Enrol users button in the top right hand side of the screen.
- From the pop up window, click the drop down list next to Assign roles and choose the role you wish to assign, e.g. None, Manager, Lecturer, Tutor, Student, Non-editing Partner Lecturer, and Partner Lecturer.
- In the Search box, enter the staff id, student number or name of the person you wish to locate. Click Search.
- Click the Enrol button opposite the user(s) you wish to add. You may choose more than one. After selecting, you may continue with a new search.
Note: Higher education students are added and removed automatically from My Student Centre on a nightly basis. Changes to enrolments in Moodle may take 24 hours to flow through. You cannot manually remove an automatically enrolled student, they must withdraw through My Student Centre.
- Click Finish enrolling users to add all selected users and return to the Enrolled User screen. Repeat this process as necessary.
To remove members
- From the Settings block, click Users then Enrolled Users.
- Click the white and blue X, in the block under the Enrolment methods column (far right), for the user you wish to remove.
NOTE: this only applies to users that were manually added. For all other users, please contact Service Desk.
- Confirm deletion by clicking Continue