Embed a video
You can embed a YouTube video in any text entry box with a formatting tool bar in Moodle, such as within the Topic summary, a label, or in the main body of a composed web page.
Note: Whilst you can embed video into a label, which will make it display on your main page, it can take up a significant amount of space and increase the time it takes to load the main page.
- In a topic area, select Page from the Add a resource pop up Activity chooser menu.
- In the Name field, write the name of the page such as the title of the YouTube video.
- In the Content area, Click the insert video icon.
- Click Video at the top of the pop up window.
- If you have the Youtube video URL you can paste that in to the Video source URL box. Alternatively you can search for the video by clicking the Browse repositories button.
- If you click the Browse repositories button, a new window will appear. Click Youtube videos.
- Enter the title of the video you would like to embed. Adding the owner/creater of the video can also help narrow the results.
- When you find the video you would like to embed, click the video thumbnail and then Select this file.
- Once you have the Video selected you can change its settings. Options include the size of the video window, whether the video Auto plays or loops and the ability to add subtitles. Once all options are set click Insert media.
- A preview of the video player will load. This may not include a preview of the video but it will load once the page is saved. This can be done by clicking the Save and display at the bottom of the screen.
- The page resource should now load with the video embedded.