Embed a video
You can embed a YouTube video in any text entry box with a formatting tool bar in Moodle, such as within the Topic summary, a label, or in the main body of a composed web page.
Note: Whilst you can embed video into a label, which will make it display on your main page, it can take up a significant amount of space and increase the time it takes to load the main page.
- In a topic area, select Page from the Add a resource pop up Activity chooser menu.
- In the Name field, write the name of the page such as the title of the YouTube video.
- In the Content area, Click the insert video icon.
- Click Find or upload a sound, video or applet... at the top of the pop up window.
- Click Youtube videos, fill in the Search videos box and click the Search button.
- Click the required video from the list displayed.
- Complete the copyright information box, including all known details. Most videos on YouTube are all rights reserved.
- Click Select this file
- Click Insert
- The content box will not display the actual video until saved, just a link. However the student will see the video preview when the page is clicked
- Select how you would like the page displayed. In this instance, in a pop-up window of the specified size.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save and return to course or Save and display.