What is the Course Completion Block
The course completion block is used for tracking students progress on specific tasks or activities in Moodle and allows you to monitor their overall completion in the course.
Green Indicates: Task complete.
Yellow Indicates: Assignment submitted, but not yet graded.
Red Indicates: Task overdue.
Blue Indicates: Not yet complete or due.
Adding a Course Completion Block
- To add a Course completion block you must go to the Add a Block on your Moodle shell page and click Course completion progress block.
- Once your Completion progress block is added, it will automatically track all activities and resources for students by default.
- Once it is added you will want to choose which activities you are wishing to track. Under the Select activities menu choose Selected activities and click on the activities you wish to track.
- You may wish to change additional settings above such as:
Note: To select more than one activity or resource hold down Ctrl on your keyboard and click on the options.
- Order of blocks (Order by order in course or expected complete date of activities)
- How the blocks will be presented (Squeeze, Scroll or Wrap)
- Whether you want Icons displayed
- Show percentages to stuents of their completion
- Restrict the visibility to a certain group
- Change the Name of the Block
- To Add a course completion block to your dashboard go to your dashboard and under the Add a block menu select Completion Progress.
- Once done you will have a Completion block added to either the side or center of your dashboard which can be moved by clicking the navigation arrow in the block while editing is switched on. You will have each of your courses listed with the major task listed below which you can click on the blocks to be taken to that particular activity in that course.