Workflows are enabled in the Assignment settings. If you would like to add workflows to an existing assignment, you can do so by editing the assignment. You will find the enable workflows setting in the Grade submenu.
Remember to save your setting changes by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking Save changes.
It is possible to set the workflow state either individually, or in bulk. Depending on what state you are using, you may end up using both. For example, you may wish to select all assignments and move them to in marking at the commencement of the grading cycle. Then as you grade each paper, you change it to Ready for release. It is important to note, that the status of the workflow tags the assignment, but apart from Released, has no bearing on how the student views the assignment. You may wish to use all, some or none of the other tags.
Set marking state in bulk
- Enter the assignment and click View all submissions.
- Apply any filters required to target the students required. When enabled you can filter by Group, Name (located at the top of the page), as well as submission status, marker and workflow (located at the bottom of the page).
- Use the Select checkbox at the top of the page to select all users, or check/uncheck individuals using the checkbox at the start of their submission entry.
TIP: Dock blocks, and ensure editing is off to give you the widest possible view of the submission summary screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and select Set marking workflow state from the With selected menu, then click Go. A confirmation window will pop up, click OK to continue.
- Choose the required state from the drop- down list and click Save changes.
Note: You may also choose to notify students (via email) if you are changing to Released. This feature is only available for the released state.
- The marking state will appear in the Status column reflecting the state chosen.
Set Marking State Individually
1. When grading students, you will see the Marking workflow state on the right-hand side of the screen. (You may need to scroll down to see this). Select the state you wish to set, then click save changes at the bottom of the screen.
There is a toggle button on the lower right that allows you to view either full screen mark-up, split view, or full screen grading.
TIP: When you have finished grading, set the state to Ready for release. You can then use the Bulk setting option to change the status to Released for all students, including sending them an email notification. Refer above for more information on how to do this.