There will be times when you will need to grant extensions to one or more students. Rather than change the original due date, which may then allow all students to make further changes, you can grant an extension only to those students who have been approved.
Granting an extension for a single student
1. Click the assignment title to view the assignment summary page
2. Click the view submissions link
3. Locate the student in the list. Note: there may be more than one page.
Tip: You can sort the student view by clicking the column headings to sort by that item. eg. The Surname heading sorts the students by surname.
4. Click the action button and select Grant extension
5. Enter the new submission deadline and check the box to enable it.
6. Click Save changes
Note: You must complete each extension separately using this method.
7. The extension information will appear in the status column.
Granting an extension for multiple students
Its now possible for you to grant an extension for multiple students at the same time. Follow steps one and two from above so that you are looking at the assignment summary page.
1. Select the students who need the extension by checking the boxes to the left of their name.
2. Down the bottom of the page you will see a dropdown menu titled With Selected. Select Grant extension and click Go
3. You will be then given the option to set the new submission deadline. Check the box to enable it.