Add a web link
Follow the steps below to add a web link to your Moodle course.
- Within the topic you want to add the web link, click Add a resource or activity and select URL
- In the Name field, give the name of the page, or linked item, e.g. Moodle Tool Guide for Teachers. Note: It is not necessary to include a description.
- In the External URL section, type the full web address in the box marked External URL box. You may ignore the Choose a link button.
- The default Automatic setting in the Display setting is suitable for most cases. Embed will open the URL within the content area of your Moodle course, blocks will remain either side of the content. In pop-up opens the link into a new window.
- All further options can be ignored. Click Save and return to course. The link now appears in the course content.
Tip: It is a good idea to copy and paste the URL (the page address which appears in the window at the top of most browsers) of the page you want to link to into the Location box.