Add a web link
Follow the steps below to add a web link to your Moodle course.
- Within the topic you want to add the web link, click Add a resource or Add a resource or activity and select URL
Add an activity pop-up
- In the Name field, give the name of the site including any brief instructions, e.g. Moodle Tool Guide for Teachers. Note: It is not necessary to include a description. If you do you can choose to include the description on your course page by checking the box.
- In the Content section, type the full web address in the box marked External URL box. You may ignore the Choose a link button.
- The default Automatic setting in the Display setting is fine, however you may like to use Embed. This will open the URL within the content area of your Moodle course, blocks will remain either side of the content, or In pop-up which pops the link into a new window.
- All further options can be ignored. Click Save and return to course. The link now appears in the course content.
Tip: It is a good idea to copy and paste the URL (the page address which appears in the window at the top of most browsers) of the page you want to link to into the Location box. You can do this by selecting the URL by clicking it once, copying by holding the CTRL button and pressing C, then paste into the Location box by first clicking inside it and, whilst holding CTRL, press V. Moodle shells also have their own URL eg. http://moodle.federation.edu.au/course/view.php?id=260 is the URL of the Exemplar Course in Federation Moodle.