Australian Skills Quality Authority
ASQA is the national regulator for vocational education and training (VET) all communication with ASQA must be done so through Quality Services in accordance with the point of contact Policy.
The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) seeks to make sure that the sector's quality is maintained through the effective regulation of:
- vocational education and training providers
- accredited vocational education and training courses, and
- Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) providers including those delivering English Language Intensive Courses to Overseas Students (ELICOS).
VET Quality Framework
The VET Quality Framework is aimed at achieving greater national consistency in the way providers are registered and monitored and in how standards in the VET sector are enforced.
It comprises the:
- Standards for NVR Registered Training Organisations
- Fit and Proper Person Requirements
- Financial Viability Risk Assessment Requirements
- Data Provision Requirements
- Australian Qualifications Framework.
In addition to the VET Quality Framework, there are also Standards for VET Accredited Courses.