Training and compliance
The University is committed to promoting a workplace and study environment that is compliant with its legal obligations. The Legal Office can:
- assist staff and students to become aware of and understand key legal and procedural responsibilities; and
- provide guidance on fulfilling these responsibilities in practice.
The Legal Office provides information to staff through resources on its website and also develops and offers tailored training sessions. Training from the Legal Office is offered on FedUni Policies and Procedures that link to statutory responsibilities in the following areas:
- Freedom of Information
- Information Privacy
- Protected Disclosures
- Competition and Consumer Law
- The Role of the Victorian Ombudsman
Training is also provided on the following procedures:
- Student Grievance Procedure
- Staff Grievance Procedure
- Bullying Prevention and Management Procedure - Students and in certain cases for staff
From time to time the Legal Office may also provide training on request in specific areas such as intellectual property.