Selections from the web
There is some great information on the web to help in your role as a web publisher. We provide links to some websites or articles which will connect you to best-practice standards, helpful tips and guidelines. If you come across some others please forward them on so we can share them with our web publishing community.
- New York Times - Harvard and MIT sued over lack of closed captions
Online materials are becoming increasingly important in higher education. But for the deaf or hard of hearing, video content that is not captioned or is inaccurately captioned means some materials cannot be accessed.
- Ten commandments for content creation
Squiz, the company that brings us our CMS, has some good tips for creating web content.
- Why 'click here' links are wrong
Using 'click here' or similar as link text is a bad habit for many reasons.
- The challenges for writers of web content
...is that we think that people want to read our content. They don't.
- Putting the customer first is the best business case
Giving people the answers to their most important questions quickly and easily is what a customer-centric website is all about.