May 2017 - Update from Marketing and Schools Engagement
Marketing and Schools Engagement staff in Ballarat, Berwick and Gippsland have been involved in a wide range of projects and events throughout the course of this year. Below is a summary of recent work we've been undertaking for FedUni.
Digital marketing and publications
- 2018 Course Guide finalised
- 2018 Career Booklets finalised
- Virtual Reality Campus Tour: VR videos featuring Ballarat campuses. This is the first of a series of planned tours, which will cover FedUni campuses and facilities.
- Welcome presentation: development of a modern digital presentation to replace the traditional PowerPoint delivery used to promote FedUni. The final presentation will incorporate animations and various sections of content, which can be easily selected depending on the audience.
- Supporting the Psychology Research Colloquium series through live-streaming of the events over social media (facebook livestream)
Events and engagement
- Attendance at western district Tertiary Information Service (TIS) Year 12 Expo (28 – 30 March)
- Coordination of and attendance at Gippsland TIS (26 – 28 April)
- Attendance at VCE and Careers Expo, Caulfield Racecourse: Major student recruitment event involving Victorian, interstate and international education providers (4 – 7 May)
- Ongoing planning for other marketing and student recruitments events – attendance at upcoming TIS events (see tis.org.au), school visits, campus tours, various regional and metro expos
- Coordination of Faculty Experience Days for secondary school students, held at our Mt Helen, Gippsland and Berwick campuses. Working closely with Faculty staff across each campus, who are providing an invaluable contribution to these events. Feedback from sessions held so far this year have been extremely positive.
- Attendance at careers advisory meetings across the state: FedUni Marketing representatives attend these meetings and engage with Careers Practitioners and teachers from secondary schools, providing information on our programs and answering questions
- Major Campaigns: Marketing are currently developing the University’s major advertising campaigns for 2017 / 18, including our campaigns to promote Mid-Year entry, Open Day, Info Day / Change of Preference and Direct Applications. Stay tuned for further updates. We’re excited to show you what’s being created!
- Launch of our 2017 Online Learning advertising campaign: “Welcome to a better way to spend your time online” – federation.edu.au/online. Our new Online Learning campaign invites prospective students to make better use of the time they spend online, by applying for one of FedUni’s wide range of Online Learning programs. The campaign is currently featuring across multiple platforms, including facebook, Spotify, Pandora, YouTube and other popular websites, along with traditional radio.
- Development of 2017 undergraduate engineering advertising campaign: The Faculty of Science and Technology are undertaking a new advertising campaign to promote FedUni’s range of engineering programs. Marketing have worked closely with Engineering to finalise this campaign, which is now live.
- MBA advertising campaign: Marketing are working with Federation Business School to finalise an advertising campaign to promote the Master of Business Administration in 2017. This will include digital, radio and outdoor advertising.
- Development of marketing materials for new Bachelor of Applied and Creative Arts: in preparation for the introduction of this new program in 2018, a range of marketing materials are being developed, including content for our new Course Guide and careers booklets, as well as a program flyer that will be used in targeted marketing.