Which queries should I save to my query favourites?
Please log a job with the Service Desk for assistance with setting up nd running queries.
What level of information does each of the three main queries providing?
- GL query - Journal information, but summary info only on AP and billing
- Billing query - detailed billing information
- Voucher query - detailed information on AP payments
What level of information is provided in each nVision report?
- The ###_BAF_A (Budget vs Actual vs Forecast Summary) provides a consolidated view of all activity (i.e. project and non-project) for the reporting entity (e.g. School, Department, Portfolio). Balances are summarised at an account node level.
- The ###_DEP_D (Department Detail) provides a consolidated view of all non project activity including both operating and balance sheet activity. Balances are summarised at an account detail level.
- The ###_PRO_D (Project Detail) provides a consolidated view of all project activity including both operating and balance sheet activity. Balances are summarised at an account detail level.
For more information about nVision reports, please log a job with the Service Desk.
How is the YTD budget column calculated?
When each School/Section provides budget information it is automatically spread over the 12 months, Salaries by pay period, non salary spread evenly across the 12 month. Budget managers have the opportunity to override this default information and phase the budget accurately to reflect when Income is going to be received or expenditure posted. The phasing of the budget is an important monitoring tool for managers and Finance during the year.
Where do I see the commitment for a purchase order that I've raised but has not yet been receipted?
Finance will post an accrual journal to the system at the end of the month on Account 5440 if there are purchase orders in the system that are not yet finalised. You will see an accrual expenses reversed on the first day of the following month.
Can I run general reports to download into Excel?
The system will default to PDF reports but this can be changed when in the Process Scheduler Request screen. Under the 'Format' option select 'CSV' from the drop down list, this will enable your report to be downloaded into Microsoft Excel. When saving the report to your PC ensure you change the file type to Microsoft Office Excel.