2018 Student Diary
The student diary is a resource that provides students with information on support services, programs and workshops, as well as important dates. Some of the information is for new students but much of the information is relevant to all Federation University Australia students.
Work has commenced on the 2018 Student Diary and Student Connect wants to ensure we get it right!
2017 Student Diary content review
The Student Diary 2017 (PDF, 25MB) is available for download or you can collect a Hard Copy from the Student Connect Office, located on Level 1, U Building, Mount Helen Campus for staff to review information about their faculty or department.& We ask that you please check contact names, numbers, emails, web links and information and advise the Project Coordinator of any changes via email by 5pm, Friday 8 September 2017.
Have a key date? Put it in the diary
If your department or faculty has a key date that your think needs to be included in the diary, please send it through for consideration.
Inclusion of significant dates
- Submission of dates open – Monday 14 August 2017
- Submission of dates close – 5pm, Friday 8 September 2017
Make your mark and advertise in the 2018 Student Diary! 18,000 copies are published each year and are distributed to new and continuing students across Ballarat, Gippsland, Horsham, Berwick and our online students.
- Expressions of interest open – Monday 14 August 2017
- Media kits distributed to all departments and faculties – Wednesday 16 August 2017
- Booking deadline – 5pm, Friday 8 September 2017
- Artwork deadline – 5pm, Friday 22 September 2017
Putting your message in the Student Diary gives you a rare opportunity to reach a captive market of students who read and use their diary almost every day of the academic year.
Annual Student Diary cover design competition
"It’s not just about creativity, it is about the person you’re becoming while you’re creating" – Charlie Peacock
The Annual Student Diary cover design competition is open for the 2018 diaries. It is a unique opportunity for students to have their creative work published, and win $500 gift cards in the process.
The annual design prize, gives students the opportunity to be rewarded for their creative skills and get involved in student life by redesigning the student diary cover. FedUni is proudly offering this opportunity to our students in 2017 and we need their creativity.
Students are invited to submit their designs for the opportunity to be published on 18,000 student diaries. There are no set guidelines for the artwork; it can be illustrations, photography, graphics, infographics, typography, art, paint, sketches...absolutely anything!
Artwork specifics are as follows:
- Designs should reflect the theme 'Your FedGen experience'
- Only one design per student should be submitted.
- Include the words "Student Diary 2018" in the design.
- A5 size design - 148mm W x 210mm H + 5mm bleed at high resolution .PDF for print (300dpi or higher). Four colour process (CMYK). All type must be outlined.
- Allow for 10mm area on the left which will have holes punched through it for spiral binding and artwork must account for logos on the bottom, space of 15mm.
- Designs may include 2D design, graphic, photography, photographs of other art works including sculpture, pottery, textiles etc that will reflect the.
- Cannot contain any offensive and/or derogatory images or text.
All amendments, bookings, advertising, and general enquiries should be forward to the Project Coordinator Melissa Sloane, Student Connect by email email@example.com or by calling 5327 9188.