Dr Kumar Biswas
Gender diversity and firm performance, Management Education, HR competencies and CSR 
Current research projects
HR competencies and firm performance dynamics, Attitudes toward women as managers and HR practices
- Verma, P., Biswas, K., Nankervis, A. & Hoque, M. (2018) ‘Bangladesh HR professionals’ competencies: impact on firm performance and moderating effects of organisation life cycle’. Evidence-based HRM: a global forum for empirical scholarship, Vol 6 (2), https://doi.org/10.1108/EBHRM-12-2017-0064
- Akter, S., Fosso, S., Barrett, M., & Biswas, K. (2018). ‘How talent capability can shape service analytics capability in the big data environment?’. Journal of Strategic Marketing, 1-19. https://doi.org/10.1080/0965254X.2018.1442364.
- Bose, S., Podder, J & Biswas, K. (2016) ‘Philanthropic Giving, Firm Performance and Institutional shareholding: Evidence from an emerging economy’. British Accounting Review. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bar.2016.11.001
- Biswas, K., Boyle, B., Mitchell, R., and Casimir, G., (2015) “A mediated model of the effects of human resource management policies and practices on the intention to promote women: An investigation of the theory of planned behaviour”. International Journal of Human Resource Management Journal, published on Feb 9th, 2016, DOI:10.1080/09585192.2015.1126332
Referred Conference papers/proceedings/abstract
- Biswas, K., & Patel, P. (2016) ‘Does the religiosity of managers influence their attitudes toward women as managers? –An examination of a mediated model in Bangladesh’, accepted as a Competitive paper in the 30th ANZAM Conference, Brisbane, 2016
- Biswas, K., & Patel, P. (2016) ‘An Examination of the Mediated Model of Theory of Planned Behaviour to Understand Gender Equity Initiatives of HR Managers in Bangladesh’, accepted as a Competitive paper in the 30th ANZAM Conference, Brisbane, 2016
- Boyle, B., Mitchell, R., Sharma, N., Psaros, J. & Biswas, K. (2014) ‘Overcoming the challenge of ‘Fuzzy’ assessment criteria and delivering effective feedback in Management education’, Irish Academy of Management, Limerick, 2014
- Bhattacharyya, A. and Biswas, K. (2013) ‘Personal value, attitudes and moral obligation as predictors of pro-environmental behaviour’, 12th A-CSEAR Conference Programme, Hamilton, New Zealand, 2013.
- Biswas, K., Casimir, G. and Mitchell, R. (2012) ‘Predicting the Intention of Top Managers in Bangladesh to Appoint Women to Senior Management Positions: An Examination and Extension of the Theory of Planned Behaviour’, 19th International Business Research Conference, Melbourne, Australia, November 2012.