Co-funded industry scholarships
The Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research and Innovation) is inviting formal Expressions of Interest from interested supervisors to obtain co-funded industry HDR scholarships to support their research. Funding is only available for domestic students.
FedUni will provide up to four scholarships, including:
- $15,000 per year for up to 3-years (at least $30,000 pa in total with industry co-funding),
- $1,000 per year ancillary support for up to 3-years where there is industry co-funding, and
- RTP Fee-Offset Scholarship to cover the cost of tuition fees for up to 3-years.
Applicants are required to secure a letter of support from their industry partner confirming their:
- Financial contribution (at least $15,000 pa stipend support)
- Any additional conditions of candidature,
- Role in the supervisory panel
- IP requirements, and
- Commitment to providing an appropriate period of industry placement.
Applications must also include:
- Research project outline
- Supervision team information, including qualifications, experience and FedUni supervisor registration status of all named members
- Statement of alignment with University and/or School/Faculty research priority areas, and
- Plans for promotion/advertising of the scholarship to prospective candidates
Once applications have been assessed, establishing the formal contracts with the industry partners must follow the standard research funding processes.
Applications close 15 February 2018.
Applications must be submitted via the online application form.