How to apply for HREC approval
An overview of the application process
Researchers should complete the following steps to obtain and maintain HREC approval:
- Assess project's level of ethical risk: How do I do this?
- Select and complete appropriate application form: Which form will I need to complete?
- Attach copies of any required supplementary documentation: What do I need to attach?
- Submit completed fully-signed application, in hard copy AND an email version in PDF or word, to the Ethics Office: What do I need to submit?
- Receive notification of outcome from the HREC: What are the possible outcomes?
- Once project is approved, maintain project approval by meeting compliance requirements: What constitutes compliance?