Important funding application dates
- Telematics Trust Funding Scheme 2015 - Round 2
- 2016 Fulbright Scholarships (USA)
- Australia-China Joint Research Centres (ACSRF)
- ARC Linkage Project (LP16) Applications - Grant Expression of Interest
- Veski applications are now open for the inaugural inspiring woman fellowships
1. TelematicsTrust Funding Scheme 2015 – Round 2 Applications now open
The Trust has a grant round closing 5pm, Monday, 24 August 2015. Eligible researchers and organisations working on a project that could use some funding may like to consider applying
Internal Compliance Deadline
Final Submission Deadline
A couple of things to note before you apply:
1. Are you and your project eligible? Please visit the website at www.telematics.org.au and read the Grant Applicant Guidelines and Application form to ensure you are eligible to apply. It is essential to review these ahead of applying to ensure your project falls within the Trust's granting scope. Make sure to check whether your project target area, demographic and outcomes align with the Trust's priorities. The guidelines will help you to identify this.
2. Have you already applied for funding from the Telematics Trust for this project? If you have, unfortunately the project is ineligible. The Trust can only accept applications for projects that have not previously been applied for (this includes projects that were successful in receiving funding). Please note that this does not apply to organisations. For example, if your organisation has applied in the past for a specific project, it is welcome to apply again so long as it is for a different project.
3. Are you across the fine print? Again, please review the applicant guidelines. They will act as a guide to you for application deadline, eligibility and the Trust's funding priorities.
2. 2016 Fulbright Scholarships (USA) for Australians – Now Open
We have now entered the final month for Fulbright Scholarship applications for Australian candidates.
If you are interested in a sponsorship for study or research at a U.S. institution, please visit the Fulbright website http://fulbright.com.au/index.php/australian-applicants for more information.
Internal Compliance Deadline
Final Submission Deadline
COB 01/08/2015 (Sat)
Fulbright Scholarships for Australians include:
- Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarships
- Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholarships
- Fulbright Professional Scholarships
- Fulbright Senior Scholarships
- Fulbright Distinguished Chair in Agriculture and Life Sciences
3. Australia-China Joint Research Centres (ACSRF) Funding Opportunity Opening Soon
The Minister for Industry and Science, the Hon Ian Macfarlane announced the next round of the Australia-China Joint Research Centres (JRCs) on 2 July 2015. JRCs, which are supported under the Australia-China Science and Research Fund (ACSRF), are virtual centres that link Australian and Chinese research institutions conducting a portfolio of research-related activities in a specified field of research.
GEOI Deadline – Wednesday 22nd July 2015
Only 1 application can be submitted by FedUni. Details on review and approval of application for submission will be communicated to all potential applicants who submit a GEOI form by the deadline.
PRIORITIES ANNOUNCED The 2015 JRC priority areas, which were agreed with the Chinese Government, are:
Food and agribusiness
* Sustainable food production and processing
* Soil analysis, technologies and remediation
Mining equipment, technology and services
* Sustainable use of sedimentary basins
* Sensing, automation, robotics and data analytics for resource extraction, processing and waste management
* Sustainable marine resource management
* Marine environments and marine ecosystems
* Maritime engineering
An Eligible Research Organisation (ERO) may only submit one JRC application per round. An ERO that has applied for funding for a JRC may be a collaborating partner in another JRC. JRCs will be required to include an Australian end-user or industry partner to ensure the research funded has a practical focus, in addition to a Chinese partner. Applications will open later in the month following the release of the programme guidelines. Applications will close in September.
ACSRF Team 02 6276 1093 firstname.lastname@example.org
4. ARC Linkage Project (LP16) Applications - Call out for Grant Expression of Interest (GEOI)
If you are considering applying for an ARC Linkage Project in the upcoming LP16 round, please complete the Grant Expression of Interest (GEOI) form. This form requires Executive Dean/Director sign-off before submission to email@example.com.
Researchers intending on developing a Linkage proposal are strongly encouraged to speak with their Exec Dean/ADR/Centre Director to discuss plans, funding partners, budgets, etc. as well as internal Faculty deadlines.
GEOI forms due to firstname.lastname@example.org: Thurs 30July 2015
Internal Panel Assessment: TBA (Approx. End of August 2015) - This will include summary information about your proposal
LP16 Applications Open in RMS: TBA (Approx. End of September 2015)
LP16 Applications Close in RMS: TBA (Approx. Mid-November 2015)
What else should I do to prepare?
- Read and become familiar with the previous round ARC Linkage guidance material and funding rules http://www.arc.gov.au/linkage-projects . LP16 Funding Rules are expected to be released in mid-August
- Align your project with the current Strategic Research Priorities
- All Chief Investigators should have an updated CV that includes track record, previous ARC grants and other grants.
- It is advisable that discussions with potential Partner Investigators are well underway.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Research Funding Team at email@example.com
5. Veski applications are now open for the inaugural inspiring women fellowships
Veski, supported by the Office of the Lead Scientist, is calling for applications or the inspiring women fellowships. The inspiring women fellowships, funded by the State Government of Victoria, are designed to support female leaders who are planning for, experiencing, or returning from a career break.
The inspiring women fellowships will provide the opportunity to allow these female leaders to remain competitive in their field; enhancing the current talent pool and affecting cultural change.
Applications are sought from early to mid-career female researchers, in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) disciplines within a Victorian academic or research institution, who are experiencing or anticipating difficulties juggling their career and family or carer commitments, or have other compounding reasons for requiring the support of a fellowship.
During 2015/16 three fellowships will be made available and successful individuals may receive up to AUD$150,000 distributed over a period of three years.
Internal compliance review deadline
Final submission deadline
1pm (AEST) 06/08/15
*Please also check with your Faculty ADR or Centre Director for any additional internal deadlines.*
If you have any queries regarding these grants, please contact the Research Funding Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please also check with your Faculty ADR or Centre Director for any additional requirements.*