How to apply
Once you are confident that you meet the academic and English language proficiency requirements, the next step is to identify referees and complete and submit your application form.
**The 2017 scholarship round will open on 31 August 2016 and close on 31 October 2016.
- Familiarise yourself with the active faculty research areas at Federation University Australia to ensure that your intended area of study can be supported.
- Identify two academic referees for your application and email them the Confidential Referee Report Form (docx, 855kb)
- Complete the 2017 HDR Application for Admission Form (docx, 257kb)
- Compile your evidence and supporting documentation;
- 250-word summary of intended project
- Academic transcripts and certificates for all undergraduate and postgraduate study
- English language proficiency test certificate i.e. IELTS/TOEFL (International applicants)
- Personal statement of study purpose (International applicants) - see more information below.
- Australian citizens must provide a copy of their birth certificate or passport
- Permanent residents must provide a copy of their visa and passport
- International applicants must provide a copy of their passport
- List of published work and first page of each publication
- Copies of contractual agreement with outside sponsor or institution (if applicable)
- Copy of your Australian honours or masters thesis abstract
- Evidence for Australian honours equivalency, if applicable.
- Email your completed application and documentation to email@example.com (please send pdf files wherever possible and ensure the file names clearly reflect the file contents).
Please note, if your application is successful all supporting evidence such as academic transcripts and passport/visa will need to be supplied in certified copies or the originals will need to be produced at the time of enrolment.
Additional requirements for international applicants
Simplified Student Visa Framework
The following information is provided to international students to understand the pre-visa screening assessment conducted by International Admissions, Federation University Australia.
Under the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP)'s Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF), education providers are required to ensure that all prospective international students are genuine students who can meet genuine temporary entrant requirements and have the financial capacity to support their study in Australia.
The University requires each international applicant to submit a detailed personal statement of study purpose with their application. This document should include:
- The reasons for choosing to undertake the course of study specified in your application
- The reasons for choosing your education provider
- The reason for choosing to study in Australia rather than in your home country
- The relevance of the course of study to your academic and/or employment background
- The relevance of the course to your future career/education plans
Questions regarding SSVF or personal statements should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How your application is processed
Once we have received your application, we will send an email to you acknowledging receipt of your documents. You may be contacted via email to request further evidence to support your application should it be required. We will email you at each stage of the application process to keep you updated.