Mr Lance Lloyd (Hon)
|Position||Honorary Research Fellow, Water Research Network|
||Master of Science, University of Adelaide, 1987
Bachelor of Science, University of Adelaide, 1981
MAIBiol [Member, Australian Institute of Biology, 1989]
|Phone||0412 007 997|
Lance Lloyd has over 30 years practical experience across South East Australia, and recently in the Pacific Islands, in freshwater, estuarine, coastal and inland environments in ecology and management requirements. His key expertise is in relating the ecology of aquatic systems to the needs of management.
Lance established his consulting practice, Lloyd Environmental Pty Ltd in 1998 to provide quality services to the water and environment industries. Lloyd Environmental uses science and strategic planning to provide practical solutions to clients' aquatic ecosystem management issues.
In addition to his consulting work, Lance currently chairs the Victorian DEPI's Translocation Evaluation Panel, and the Great Australian Bight RAG (Australian Fisheries Management Authority; AFMA), and is a member of three other AFMA committees. This were all ministerial appointments based on Lance's fisheries science expertise.
- Principal Ecologist & Director, Lloyd Environmental Pty Ltd (1998 on)
- Chair, Translocation Evaluation Panel, Fisheries Victoria, DPI (2004 on)
- Chair, Great Australian Bight Resource Assessment Group, AFMA (2013 on)
- Member, Great Australian Bight Management Advisory Committee, AFMA (2013 on)
- Member, Southern and Eastern Scalefish and Shark Fishery RAG, AFMA (2013 on)
- Australian Society of Fish Biology (Member, 1981 to present)
- Australian Institute of Biology (Member since 1989; President, 2005 to present)
- Australian Society for Limnology (Life Member, 1981 to present)
- River Basin Management Society (Member, 1990 to present; President, 1999-2002)
Lance Lloyd has established a substantial publication record with over 150 publications in local and international journals, books and management reports. Some examples of his publications are listed below.
- Arthington, A.H. & L.N. Lloyd. 1989. Introduced Poeciliids in Australia and New Zealand. In: Meffe, G.K. & K.F. Snelson (Eds). Ecology and Evolution of Livebearing Fishes (Poeciliidae). Prentice Hall, New Jersey, USA.
- Boulton, A.J. & L.N. Lloyd. 1991. Aquatic macroinvertebrate assemblages in floodplain habitats of the lower River Murray. Regulated Rivers, 6: 183-201.
- Boulton, A.J. & L.N. Lloyd. 1992. Flooding frequency and invertebrate assemblages emerging from floodplain sediments at Chowilla, lower River Murray, SA. Regulated Rivers 7: 137-151.
- Bunn, S.E., P.I.Boon, M.A.Brock, N.J.Schofield, J.W.Bennett, J.A.Davis, C.M.Finlayson, R.H.Froend, R.Hall, L.N.Lloyd ,G.Lukacs, S.Moore ,M.McDonald, D.S.Mitchell, R.G.Pearson, J.Roberts and K.Schlusser. (1997). National Wetlands R&D Program Scoping Review. Land and Water Resources R&D Corporation Occasional Paper 01/97.
- Cooling, M. L. Lloyd, D. Rudd & R. Hogan. (2002). Environmental Water Requirements and Management Options in Gunbower Forest, Victoria. Aust. J. Water Resources 5 (1): 75-88.
- Lloyd, L. and Newall, P. (2009). Translocation risk assessment for Devilbend and Bittern Reservoirs for stocking select recreational fish species. Lloyd Environmental, for Fisheries Victoria, DPI Victoria.
- Lloyd, L.N. & J.F. Tomasov. 1985. Taxonomic status of the mosquitofish. Gambusia affinis (Poeciliidae), in Australia. Aust. J. Mar. Freshw. Res. 36: 447-51.
- Lloyd, L.N. & K.F. Walker. 1986. The distribution and conservation status of small fish in the River Murray in S.A. Trans. Roy. Soc. S.A. 110(2):49-57.
- Lloyd, L.N. & Walker, K.F. 1989. Management of snags (woody debris) and river and floodplain vegetation for native fish in the Murray-Darling River System. In: Lawrence, B. (Ed.) 1989. Proc. of the Native Fish Management Workshop. Murray-Darling Basin Commission, Canberra, Australia.
- Lloyd, L.N. 1986. An alternative to insect control by "mosquitofish", Gambusia affinis. In: St. George, T.D., B.H. Kay & J. Blok, Arbovirus Research In Australia. Proceeding of the 4th Australian Arbovirus Symposium, Brisbane. 1986.
- Lloyd, L.N. 1990. Ecological interactions of Gambusia holbrooki with Australian native fish. In: Pollard, D.A. ASFB Workshop on introduced and translocated fishes and their ecological effects. Bureau of Rural Resources Proceedings No. 8, AGPS, Canberra.
- Lloyd, L.N. 1990. Fish Communities. In: O'Malley, C. & F. Sheldon. Chowilla Floodplain Biological Study. Nature Conservation Society of South Australia, Adelaide, SA.
- Lloyd, L.N., A.H. Arthington & D.A. Milton. 1986. The mosquitofish - a valuable mosquito control agent or a pest? In: Kitching (Ed). The ecology of exotic plants and animals: some Australian case studies. John Wiley & Sons, Brisbane.
- Lloyd, L.N., Anderson, B.G., Cooling, M., Gippel, C.J., Pope, A.J. and Sherwood, J.E. 2012. Estuary Environmental Flows Assessment Methodology for Victoria. Lloyd Environmental Pty Ltd Report to the Department of Sustainability and Environment, Melbourne Water and Corangamite CMA, Colac, Victoria, Australia.
- Lloyd, L.N., B.P. Atkins, P.I. Boon, J. Roberts and T. Jacobs. 1994. Natural Processes in floodplain ecosystems. IN: Proceedings of the Murray-Darling Basin Floodplain Wetlands Management Workshop. MDBC, Canberra.
- Lloyd, L.N., J.T. Puckridge & K.F. Walker. 1991. The significance of fish populations in the Murray-Darling system and their requirements for survival. In: Dendy, T. & M. Coombe (Eds). Conservation in Management of the River Murray System. Dept of Envt & Planning, Adel., S.A.
- Lloyd, L.N., Newall, P.R., Loffler, T. and Knight, C.D. (2008). Tullaroop Creek Flows Ecological Risk Assessment. Lloyd Environmental report to Central Highlands Water, Mt Waverley, Victoria.
- Lloyd, L.N., Vietz, G.J. Newall, P.R. and Feehan, P. 2010. Environmental Guidelines Report: Guidelines for the operation of River Murray System storages, so as to examine and take into account any possible environmental, geomorphic, water quality, and cultural heritage effects associated with exercising the MDBA's powers or functions in regard to river operations. Lloyd Environmental Pty Ltd report to the Murray-Darling Basin Authority, Syndal, Victoria. 30 September 2010.
- Shirley, M., B. Abernethy, P. Close, L. Lloyd, R. Nathan, G. Quinn & B. Zampatti. (2002). A method for determining environmental water requirements in Victoria. Report to DNRE Melb., Vic.