Australian history research program for postgraduate research students
Federation University Australia is joining with key partner organisations to launch an exciting, new, collaborative Australian history postgraduate research program.
Through the program, a group of postgraduate students (at masters or doctoral level) will be recruited to complete Australian history research projects with part-time or full-time study options available. Research project topics in Australian history can be studied in any of Federation University Australia's faculties.
Candidates will make use of the extensive artefacts or archival resources held by partner organisations, develop their own research expertise and advance scholarly knowledge about Australian history.
Features of the program
- Students are allocated a 'funded place' (which means no fees are incurred), and have access to Federation University Australia funding for project costs and conference attendance.
- Free access to a bridging program for approved applicants who do not hold a formal history honours degree.
- Participation with a group of fellow candidates researching related topics with the partner organisations, thus providing opportunities for collegiate support and the development of a community of practice.
- Privileged access to and specialist advice in locating and retrieving archives at our partner organisations.
- Supervision by a panel of experienced and dedicated academic researchers from Federation University Australia in partnership with honorary research fellows from the partner organisations.
- Specialist training in historical research approaches and methods provided jointly by Federation University Australia's CRCAH and the partner organisations.
- Participation in the graduate centre program run by Research Services at Federation University Australia.
- Study space and access to resources provided for candidates at both Federation University Australia and the partner organisations.
- Free access to a weekly Australian History seminar program organised by Federation University Australia's CRCAH featuring eminent historians from across Australia. Please refer to the CRCAH HDR professional development program (docx, 126kb) for more details.
- Access to additional resources including the State Library of Victoria (Mt Helen site), Geoffrey Blainey Research Centre and Centre for Gippsland Studies.
- Special access to resources and facilities at partner organisations.
If you are a highly motivated, prospective postgraduate research student and you are willing to join us on this exciting journey, we would like to hear from you.
Applications can be lodged at any time. Please visit the Research Degrees website for application forms and information about application procedures.
For further information about the Australian history research program, please contact:
tel: +61 3 5327 9599