Dr Emma Siesmaa
Phone: (03) 5327 9066
Discipline: Human Movement and Sport Sciences
- PhD, University of Ballarat
- B Ed (P.E.) (Hons), University of Ballarat
- Anatomical Bases of Human Movement
- Functional Anatomy
- Injury Prevention and Risk Management
- Sports Medicine Australia (SMA)
- Australian Injury Prevention Network (AIPN)
- International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry (ISAK)
Grants and awards
- 2009, NSW Sporting Injuries Committee Award for Best New Investigator
- 2008, Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV) – The Natural History of Children's Participation in Formal (Out-of School) Sport Study - $48, 900
- Children's participation in organised sport and child sport dropout
- Injury prevention in children's sport
- Snow sports injury and injury prevention
- Injury risk perceptions in organised sport
Siesmaa, E.J., Blitvich, J.D. and Finch, C.F. (2011). A systematic review of the factors which are most influential in children's decisions to drop out of organised sport. In A.D. Farelli (Ed.), Sport Participation: Health Benefits, Injuries, and Psychological Effects (pp. 1–45). Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
Siesmaa, E.J., Blitvich, J.D., Telford, A. and Finch, C.F. (2011). Factors that are most influential in children's continued and discontinued participation in organised sport: The role of injury and injury risk perceptions. In A.D. Farelli (Ed.), Sport Participation: Health Benefits, Injuries, and Psychological Effects (pp. 47–84). Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
Siesmaa, E.J., Blitvich, J.D., White, P.E. and Finch, C.F. (2011). Measuring children's sport participation, risk perceptions and injury history: Development and validation of a survey instrument. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, 14 (1), 22–26.
White, P.E., Finch, C.F., Dennis, R. and Siesmaa, E. (2011). Understanding perceptions of injury risk associated with playing junior cricket. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, 14 (2), 115–120.
Campbell, C., Smith, E. and Siesmaa, E. (2011). The educative role of the newspaper: Learning to be drier. Australian Journal of Adult Learning, 51 (2), 1–12.
Finch, C., Siesmaa, E., Blitvich, J., White, P. and Telford, A. (2009). The Sporting Kids Injury and Drop Out (SKIDO) Study. University of Ballarat, April 2009. Report prepared for Sport and Recreation Victoria.