Phone: +61 0427 673 961
Currently working as a Mining/Geotech Engineer at Yallourn Mine (Energy Australia) in the Latrobe Valley. Yallourn mine is a brown coal mine suppling coal for power generation to Yallourn W Power Station. My role is to manage mine areas and perform duties defined in the scope of Mine Planning team which included but not limited to;
- Processing of field hydro data in Geotechnical Database Management System (GDMS).
- Generating hydrographs and analysis of the results. Reporting on the hydrogeological performance based on analysis undertaken.
- Processing of the inclinometer field surveys in Inclinalysis Software tool. Analysis and reporting on performance of the inclinometers.
- Management of site drainage program.
- Management of Geotechnical technical staff and liaise to address geotechnical issues in the mine.
- Management of Horizontal Drilling program.
- Assist in the management of the Vertical Drilling program.
- Maintain and update drilling records for inclusion into the Latrobe Valley Database.
- Update and maintain Minescape Geological & Hydrogeological Models for Yallourn.
Post graduate in Mining Engineering; University of Ballarat
Bachelor in Computer Science; Latrobe University
Diploma of Engineering in Computer Systems; Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE
Deep Aquifer Depressurisation Responses on Interseam Material(s) & Long Term Creep Movement in Brown Coal Batter.
Supervisors: Professor Rae Mackay & Dr Ali Tolooiyan
To establish an improved understanding of Deep Aquifer depressurisation influencing the long term stability of a coal batter in Brown Coal mine. Variations in Deep Aquifer pressures could propagate through overlying interseam materials with potential influence on interseam geomechanical properties. This change could be a contributing mechanism to current uncertainty in long term slope movement in Brown Coal mine. To further understand the long term creep movement it would be vital to understand the impacts of active depressurisation of M1A Aquifer and passive depressurisation of the overlying Yallourn interseam.