The BONUS+ initiative is designed to greatly increase access to books for all students and staff via the FedUni Library. The BONUS+ union catalogue enables holds to be placed on books that are then posted to your nominated campus library pickup location. Libraries participating in the BONUS+ project with FedUni are:
- Auckland University of Technology (NZ)
- Australian National University
- Deakin University
- Griffith University
- Massey University (NZ)
- Murdoch University
- Queensland University of Technology
- University of Melbourne
- University of Newcastle
- University of Sydney
- University of Tasmania
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of Wollongong
- Victoria University
Who can use BONUS+?
FedUni staff, TAFE, undergraduate and postgraduate students are eligible to use the BONUS+ service (as well as ULA staff and students).
What material is available from the BONUS+ catalogue?
Selected books from participating libraries are available for borrowing. The BONUS+ catalogue is continuously updated with each library's holdings to show the current circulation status. Items with a status of AVAILABLE or due to be returned within 14 days may be requested for delivery to your nominated campus library pickup location.
How do I search for and request material?
If you cannot locate an item using the FedUni Library catalogue, simply click on the icon located on each page to conduct that search across participating BONUS+ libraries. If the item is available at any participating library, you may use the REQUEST THIS ITEM link to place a hold on a copy of the book to be delivered to your nominated campus library pickup location.
The details you will be required to provide are your name and barcode (from your FedUni ID card) as well as the campus library at which you wish to collect the item.
- Undergraduate and TAFE students may request five BONUS+ items at one time
- Honours/Postgraduate students and staff may request ten BONUS+ items at one time
What happens once I've requested an item?
Once the BONUS+ system validates the request, the book is sent to the nominated FedUni campus library. Delivery to your specified pickup location can be expected within seven working days. Weekends and holidays may affect this schedule.
You can check the status of your BONUS requests by accessing your My Library account.
Are the borrowing rules different from items held in the FedUni Library?
- All BONUS+ books are loaned for a 21-day period
- an additional 21-day renewal may be possible if another user has not requested the item
- the demerit point system, as per standard FedUni borrowing rules, applies to BONUS+ material
- $125 will be imposed for billed or lost books ($100 replacement cost plus $25 processing fee).