Copies and communications of copyright material under Part VA, Part VB or the music licence can only be made for non-commercial educational purposes of the University.
The educational purposes of the University include:
- For a particular course of instruction provided by the university
- To place a copy in the University's library collection
- For internal administrative copying (i.e. for distribution teachers or academics for training)
If you are unsure, contact the Copyright Office.
Practical examples of educational purposes include:
- Handing copies out in class
- Sending attachments to students via email
- Putting material onto subject pages in Moodle. This can only be done by the Library through eReserve - staff must not load copyright material into Moodle themselves!
For the music licence, educational purposes means using in connection with a particular course of instruction or course of study and/or research of the university, including the necessary administration and assessment of that course of instruction or study. It does not including commercial activities and commercial research.